Ria's Collection: PURPLE GRANITA

Monday, April 6, 2009

PURPLE GRANITA

My current fav mantra seems to be 'It's so hot!' :( It's really really hot in this coastal town Kannur. No matter how hard you try, you just cannot stay fresh and active throughout the day. The heat is so much that I feel drowsy thoroughout the day!! Arrrrgggghhh!!

The only way to beat the scorching heat is to stay indoors ( with our lifetime friend 'Mosquitoes') and to have something really cold to drink! That's when I thought of making a Granita!

It's super fast, mess free ,ultra cold ,energising drink! :D

For this you need:

Ice cubes : 12-15
Any fruit syrup : 2-3 tablespoon
Sugar : 1 1/2 -2 tablespoon ( need not add this if the syrup has sugar in it)

Method:
Combine all the 3 ingredients in a mixie/blender and give it a good whizz.
Serve in tall glasses.


See I told y'all it's simple!! :D It hardly takes a minute!!

Let's bust the heat together!! :D

-Ria

11 Comments:

Tina said...

glumglum...........havoooooo endorashvasammmmmm....

Ria Mathew said...

Thanks Tina!! Bhyangara aashvasam thanne!! :D

Tina said...

glumglum...........havoooooo endorashvasammmmmm....

Varsha Vipins said...

Ya...Mom n all always tells about the scorching heat there..This is really an aswasam Ria..:)

Unknown said...

Looks refreshing.I feel like drinking granita now.:)

Vrinda said...

Hi Ria my first visit here..and i am also from Kannur..Purple granita looks refreshing drink..Etra hot annenkilum namukku beautiful beaches ille avide,missing Kannur badly..

Audax Artifex said...

What a great idea it is autumn here in Australia and still very warm this sounds like a great refresher. I looked thru your old postings I just love the pita bread and the very exotic (to my ears) recipes that you have tried.

gluten free pammy said...

I make a wonderful blueberry sorbet!!, this looks good

Unknown said...

First time here! Great recipes. Great way to welcome summer..

Audax Artifex said...

Just thought you would like to know that I'm featured in the Daring Kitchen's "On the Stop" this week.
http://thedaringkitchen.com/on-the-spot/audax

Ria Mathew said...

Varsha-Evide choodu kondu oru rakshayumilla.. these drinks are certainly an ashwasam! :)

Sweetipie- Trust me! It is very refreshing!! Do have one!! :) Has summer already set in there?

Vrinda-Thanks a ton for stopping by! Ahh.. beaches okke ullu oru aashwaasam.. ;D

Audax- Thanks a lot for your kind words!! Do try the granita and let me know! :)Even I love Pita bread!!

Motorhome-Thanks for stopping by! Would love to try your sorbet :)

Divya- Thanks for stopping by!!Welcome to my kitchen :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...